Do you wish to build your backbone in another country?
Are you looking for a way to connect your HQ and branch offices transparently using Ethernet protocol without having performance degradation and change your entire current system/app/OSI layers just like you plug a cable between your offices?
Do you want a transparent connection just like a wired service? With better scalability, higher performance, better bandwidth utilization, less network congestion, and a greater end-user experience?
EoMPLS Pseudowire service is the perfect Ethernet solution for your private WAN needs. A simple, stable, fast, and reliable way to send your sensitive data securely all over the world.
What is EoMPLS Pseudowire?
EoMPLS stands for Ethernet over MPLS. Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a data forwarding technology that speeds up and regulates network traffic flow. MPLS provides a unified data-carrying service for both circuit-based and packet-switching customers. Pseudowire is an emulation of a wired connection. It’s used to provide end-to-end services across an MPLS network.
MPLS operates at a layer that lies between traditional definitions of OSI Layer 2 (data link layer) and Layer 3 (network layer) and thus is often known as a layer 2.5 protocol. It is both scalable and protocol-independent. Layer 2 is transparent with MPLS. Multiple layer-2 networks are unnecessary since they can handle any sort of traffic: IP packets, native ATM, Ethernet frames, etc. MPLS also preserves the traffic engineering and out-of-band control for deploying large-scale networks.
EoMPLS works by encapsulating Ethernet PDUs in MPLS packets and forwarding them, while Pseudowire takes Ethernet traffic and tunnel it end-to-end across the MPLS network. This was driven by the idea of the extended LAN service that would allow customers to link remote locations to share in the same Ethernet LAN services.
In simpler words, EoMPLS Pseudowire Service means Ethernet packets will be transported across an MPLS cloud using an Ethernet Pseudowire. Think of EoMPLS Pseudowire as a virtual leased circuit. This way, you can expand your local area networks without the fear of losing data
Features and applications
EoMPLS Pseudowire is ideal for enterprises that looking for:
• Flexible network with higher speed and greater connectivity for your legacy services.
• Expanding your local area network and to further geographically areas.
• Impressive network performance without having to change your entire system. Best choice for companies that are averse to change.
• Dynamic, transparent L2 networks with support for traffic engineering.
• Traffic Engineering support reducing network congestion by re-routing less urgent traffic to free up congested links.
• Any-to-any / multipoint-to-multipoint connection that offers consistent user experience with no packet loss, low jitter, and stable latency.
• Cost optimization when only establishing one new layer.
• Faster data distribution, better response and load times, and improved application performance due to fewer “stops”.
• Consistently reliable networks are less likely to crash or overload due to several paths that data can travel.
• Migrating legacy ATM and Frame Relay services to MPLS core without disrupting existing services.
• Reducing OPEX and CAPEX of converged IP/MPLS network.
• Simplifying network’s administration and management.
• Using Ethernet for all sites regardless of the location.
• Consolidating your network into a single, enterprise-wide view of all your business branches.
• Global coverage with high bandwidth
• Simplified, managed private networking
• End-to-end connection
• Better performance
• Low traffic latency, less packet loss
• Support more than 4,096 VLANs
• Data security
• High reliability
• Transparent for L2