This Acceptable Use Policy outlines certain types of activity that are expressly prohibited by IPTP Group of companies (“IPTP”) to users of the IPTP’s products and services. This Policy is applied in addition to any restrictions or other limitations that a user may be subject to under its agreement with a relevant IPTP company. IPTP may modify this Policy at any time, the changes being effective upon posting of the modified policy to: https://www.iptp.com/iptp-acceptable-use-policy/.
3. Use of the IPTP’s products and services
By accessing and utilizing the IPTP’s products and services, users understand and acknowledge that:
- IPTP does not routinely monitor the content of its user’s communications and, except for violations of this Policy, does not attempt to control, edit or otherwise manipulate the content of its users’ communications or other use of its products and services;
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, IPTP reserves the right to monitor its products and services, including, but not limited to, user communications and mailboxes, in order to ensure compliance with this Policy, maintain its own network security, or to address and resolve system problems with the IPTP’s products and services.
- Users are responsible for the security of their account(s) and password(s);
- Except for products or services identified as being supplied by IPTP, IPTP does not operate, control, or endorse any information, product or services available on the Internet;
- The Internet contains unedited materials, some of which may be sexually explicit or offensive. A user accesses such materials at their own risk.
4. Prohibited Activities
a. Illegal Use
The IPTP’s products and services may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitations, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
b. System and network security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. IPTP will investigate incidents involving such violations; we may involve, and will cooperate with, law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to, or use of, data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, mailbombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting. Use of clonebots and forged accounts.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site’s mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
d. Social networks and mail groups
Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as “SPAM”) is explicitly prohibited.
e. Other Types of Misuse
IPTP reserves the right to protect its network and its users from any activity that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be an abuse or misuse of its network. Such misuse or abuse may include, but is not limited to, unauthorized attempts to gain root access or access to any account not belonging to that user, use of the IPTP’s network as a “staging ground” to disable other systems or networks, or any other use that adversely affects the ability of other users or systems to use the IPTP’s network.
Indirect or attempted violations of the policy, and actual or attempted violations by a third party on behalf of an IPTP user, shall be considered violations of the policy by such user.
5. Investigation and Remedial Action Complaints regarding any violation of this Policy should be sent to: ten.ptpi@ccn
It is the IPTP policy to investigate complaints in a commercially reasonable and prompt manner. IPTP reserves the right to take such actions as it, in its sole discretion, deems necessary to secure the IPTP’s network or the rights of any user, including suspension of service. A violation of this Policy by a user may also be a breach of its contractual obligations to IPTP. Where a user is the subject of multiple or repeated complaints for the same or similar conduct, in addition to any other rights IPTP may have, IPTP may charge that user the reasonable costs of its investigation into such complaints.
6. No Warranties; Limitation Of Liability
IPTP services are offered on an “as is, as available” basis. IPTP hereby disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- IPTP shall not be liable for any claims or damages, whether direct or indirect, consequential, or special, including, without limitation, loss of data or lost profits, arising out of user’s use of the IPTP’s products and services. In any jurisdiction that does not permit a party to disclaim all liability, then the IPTP liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- All claims by the user are governed exclusively by its service agreement with IPTP.