Experts of the company successfully deployed an IP Internet Protocol-based telephony solution onto the motor vessel.
The IP Telephony solution comprises five major components:
- Cisco 3745 access routers for telephony call control.
- Voicemail and automated attendant (optional).
- Cisco Catalyst switches with inline power for the Cisco IP Phones and Cisco Aironet AP. The switches provide advanced QoS services that ensure highquality voice on the network.
- Cisco IP Phones that serve as endpoints. All Cisco IP Phones contain a built-in data switch that allows users to connect computers to the network, thus reducing the number of ports required on the Catalyst switches.
- Cisco Aironet 1200 Access points provide QoS for Cisco 7920 WiFi IP phones
All the systems deployed have been configured for remote administration and management. Management tasks can be performed from any computer on the network with Telnet or HTTP browser access.
The aim of this project was to deliver the Triple Play solution to vessels. Triple Play provides Entertainment, Communication and Information via a single, dual head high-availability Satellite Dedicated Link.
- Cisco IP Telephony on a high-end router running Cisco Callmanager Express, allowing to serve on-board local, as well as the outgoing and incoming calls. The Cisco Callmanager Express has been configured to support seamless failover;
- Ability to place 20 simultaneous incoming/outgoing phone calls to and from the vessel by utilizing voice transmission equipment over the satellite link;
- Integration of IP Telephony with 40 analog lines through FXS/FXO (Foreign Exchange Subscriber/Office) ports allowing to use the existing analog phones and external GSM/Inmarsat lines as part of the telephony system;
- Integration of IP Telephony with International VoIP system and compatibility with global VoIP telephony, allowing to place free of charge calls;
- Integration of IP Telephony with GSM Network system allowing to place and receive calls from GSM phones to the IP phones directly;
- Integration of IP Telephony with INMARSAT service allows passing call through, in case the primary links are unavailable, for certain predefined IP Phones;
- PLAR (Private Line Auto Ringdown) and DID (Direct-Inward-Dial) functionalities that will enable 24 UK telephone numbers and 2 Cyprus numbers to be received on specific IP Phones;
- Ability to use Cisco wireless IP Phone handsets in the same way as the fixed IP Phones;
- Call functionalities such as call waiting (dual line), call transfer, call hold, conference call, call forwarding, call pick up, intercom, call history and DND (Do Not Disturb);
- Remote manageability of the IP Telephony system;
- Local on-board manageability through web-based GUI (Graphic User Interface);
- Integration with billing platform, allowing to have detailed CDR (Call Details Record) per room/cabin, provided DID is not hidden.